VLC for 8.04

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:34:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM, clay weber<claydoh at midmaine.com> wrote:
> Knapp wrote:

>>> What are the specific dependency problems you are having?
>>>

>>> clay
>>
>> I just undid all that and don't have them. I could go back and redo it
>> all. There were 28 of them, I think.
>>

> Actually I should be asking what version/where you are getting vlc from.
> I am guessing that it is a qt4 issue as the newest vlc needs QT4, while
> hardy has qt3 - not sure if there are qt4 packages for hardy or not
>
> clay

That could well be the problem. I do have qt4 installed because I was
making a program with it.

I got it from

https://launchpad.net/~c-korn/+archive/vlc

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/c-korn/vlc/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/c-korn/vlc/ubuntu hardy main

So thinking that I would give you the debug info I redid it, only this
time it worked. Why?? It could be that it is because there was a big
update before I did the install and I did not reboot. I rebooted since
then and now it works.

Running .9.9a

Thanks for the help anyway!

--