Is Kubuntu 8.04 LTS or Not?

jerry jerryturba at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 21 18:25:54 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Tony Sivori wrote:
>
>> I've read that Kubuntu 8.04, unlike Ubuntu 8.04, is not a Long Term
>> Support version.
>>

> Correct, Kubuntu 8.04 is not LTS.
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2007-December/002066.html>
>

>> Is Kubuntu 8.04 LTS? If not, what updates and patches will no longer
>> be provided when support ends in October 2009? Will the updates stop
>> for everything (kernel, Python, Flash, etc) or only the KDE
>> components?
>>

> I would assume you can then still get updates for those packages which
> are also in Ubuntu 8.04 but not KDE packages.
>

> Nils

Then why dos the Kubuntu wiki say it is LTS and

Hardy Heron <https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyHeron>

8.04 LTS

April 24, 2008

Supported until April 2013 (Server) or April 2011 (Desktop)

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/

Should the wiki be corrected?
I use Kubuntu and expect the upgrades to continue until 04/2011.
Jerry