E: Malformed line 62 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse) E: The list of sources could not be read.

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Aug 13 03:41:18 UTC 2009

Donn wrote:
> Okay, I'll bite...This is like Groundhog Day-
>
>> steven at Yeshua:~$ less sources.list
>> sources.list: No such file or directory
> That's because you are in the wrong directory. The wrong place. You are
> standing in Texas and looking for London.
>
> How to find the right place? Use your eyes:
>> E: Malformed line 62 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)
> Bingo! /etc/apt/ is the place. Easy no?
> So, go there:
> steven at Yeshua:~$ cd /etc/apt
> Then use less:
> steven at Yeshua:~$ less sources.list
>
> I'm done.
> \d

Steven, I am going to jump the gun here,
since you are not able to send your /etc/apt/sources.list
to us, I am guessing that the malfunctioned line is your ppa repository.
Just comment out all lines with ppa repositories.

explanations:
you now have karmic, use that to explore kde 4.3, you dont want to mess
with jaunty. keep it working.
to edit the sources.list, type
kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list
to comment out the ppa repositories, add a # in front of the ppa lines
and save.
then do this
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade