OT Posting a bug with Launchpad.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 3 21:03:46 UTC 2009

I installed Karmic on my old computer.  Using KpackageKit, I attempted to
install the application blockcontrol.  During the installation, the download
was stopped and the installation failed.  There were details about the
problem, so I read up on the bug reports to see if the issue I experienced had
happened to anyone else.  It did not seem to be a repeat, so I followed the
procedure to report a bug.  The site timed out with the following error:

Sorry, something just went wrong in Launchpad.
 We’ve recorded what happened, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible. Apologies
for the inconvenience.
 Trying again in a couple of minutes might work.
 (Error ID: OOPS-1311C2903)

And:

Our edge server has a lower timeout threshold than launchpad.net, so we can
catch those before they hit a wider audience. As a member of the Launchpad
Beta Testers team, you're more likely to experience them. If this is blocking
your work, you can disable redirection.
Disable redirection for 2 hours

This happened a couple of hours ago; I have tried many times to post but get
the same error.  I attempted to write the duty person, and got a similar timed
out situation on that part of the site.  Is this just "Murphy of 'Murphy's
Law'" rearing his ugly head again, or is there a recommended procedure to
continue, or do I just continue tomorrow.  I read all their follow-up
complaints and did not find anything like this on that list either, so I am
wondering if this problem is created by me.

This email was intended to get to Dotan Cohen, but I currently don't have his
address.

Steven