Dolphin file name search syntax

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Apr 28 20:07:09 UTC 2009

I just tried a search via dolphin. Right-click folder/Open with/Search
for files. Fine.

But what is the syntax for file name searching?

When I to search for, say, "agile" in a file title, I must put "*agile*".
That works.

But say I want to search for "agile software"?

I've tried everything I can thing of, but no joy. It would help to know
the syntax!

Interestingly, "*agile*s*" will throw out all as you would expect, but
add the o, "*agile*so*" and it finds nothing.

I'vve tried regex - why can't it use regex? - but that doesn't work
either.

Worse to come: you can't sort the results.

--
Best,
Marc