Help Required after upgrade.

Kevin Izzet kmmizzet at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 17:29:22 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Need some help, I upgraded from 8.04 to 9.04 at the weekend using the
alternate cd,
all appeared to have gone fine but I have hit on an issue which I can't
resolve.

Since the upgrade firefox no longer works.

If I start firefox from the command line after a couple of seconds I get
the following output and nothing else happens

 kimm :~$
firefox
expr: syntax
error
expr: syntax
error
expr: syntax
error
expr: syntax
error
expr: syntax
error
expr: syntax error

If I do a ps -ef and grep for firefox I get

kimm     21238  4850 10 18:20 pts/2    00:00:01
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.9/firefox

the expr: syntax error continues until I ctrl-c the session.

I have noticed a similar issue with Opera.
Konqueror  is the only browser which currently works.

Any Ideas.

Regards

Kev