xmodmap

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Apr 26 21:56:43 UTC 2009

I'm trying to add my usual "foreign" characters to my jaunty set-up.

First, I noticed that ~/.xmodmaprc doesn't get called at login any more.
Is this a new change?

And should keycode mappings be placed somewhere else now, or set-up and
stored in some Ubuntu-only location?

Talking of the xmodmap mappings.

  xmodmap -pke

now shows oddness. The right hand side of the mappings have two columns
which are duplicated followed by the mappings for the result of holding
the modifier key. This at complete odds with man xmodmap.

I can't find anything documenting these changes - where to look these
days with stuff spread all over the place? - and have no ides what is
"correct".

Can anyone shed any light?

--
Best,