acer aspire one & Kubuntu

chuck adams chuck.adams.k7qo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 04:27:18 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 April 2009 20:17:05 Errol Sapir wrote:
> I ahav an Acer Aspire One mini notebook with a hard drive of 160GB and
> 1.5giga ram. Should I install Kubuntu Jaunty  32bit or is there a
> "special" version for mini notebooks?
> Errol

I did an install of ubuntu 9.04 and it worked just fine.  Even brought up
the wireless connection too.  I like the new live-cd 'create USB drive'
function that saves a lot of time and trouble to get a bootable
source for the netbook.

I also have a lenova ideapad netbook, but the wireless did not come up.
I think the broadcom interface is not supported in the distro.  But an
AirLink 101 USB wifi interface comes up without any trouble on any
ubuntu or kubuntu system as a temporary measure until you can
work on the drivers for the non-working  ones.

FYI

chuck