Jaunty Static IP address

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sat Apr 25 12:35:32 UTC 2009

Paul Lemmons said:

> [...]

That would be fine if the front end apps were changing the
appropriate .conf files. Network Manager doesn't and I think this is a
serious flaw.

One of Linux's strengths is being able to go to the canonical location
and fix things by hand when things go wrong. I'm not advocating this
above pointy clicky interfaces, I'm all for ease of use, but there has to
be an associate convntion.

Same problem with audio, which I now find impenetrable.

Can't say I'm enamoured with the move away from xorg.conf either.

Big mistakes being made, imo.

--
Best,
Marc