Code to change from read-only file system to read/write file system?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:56:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 21:50 +0100, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:

> I think it's time to throw the towel and recommend a full reinstallation. :(
>
> I hate it when this happens.

Me too. Back in the day, under repair boot condition it was normal for
the file system to be read only. It's been so long I've forgotten how,
but you could issue a command line to set the drive to r/w. Cripes, that
was back with lilo. Can he issue that from the grub boot appending it to
the kernel loader line?

For Steven it might just be easiest to re-install. He could've been
running by now. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987