Code to change from read-only file system to read/write file system?

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 21 21:06:17 UTC 2009

> I think it's time to throw the towel and recommend a full reinstallation. :(
>
> I hate it when this happens.

Are you familiar with the pci=nomsi that is to be installed in a line in
the boot instructions?  When I first installed my OS and new components,
it was necessary that I type in pci=nomsi in the boot instructions
somewhere.  I immediately got a GUI.  Hein says I need to do that and it
will fix the problem.  I have made a couple requests regarding this, but
no one responds to that issue.  I don't know the importance, but I do
remember that it was necessary to get a GUI back when I built the
machine.  If you are not familiar with the instruction that is one
thing, but before I reinstall the OS, and since I have a disenting
opinion from Hein, I at least would like to try that before giving up.
And by the way, I have had more fun in this attempted repair than all my
other time operating a computer.  I have learned a lot just by going
through the problem so many times.  I am truly grateful for the support
and thank you all from deep down.  It has been hugely fun!

Most cordially,

Steven