Code to change from read-only file system to read/write file system?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan.koseoglu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:56:51 UTC 2009

Steven,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM,  <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> In the last email to you, I wrote the only words that I can see on the
> last screen where it stops with a read only prompt for username and
> password.  That is the same whether recover or normal install.  It stops
> with a read-only command prompt.
OK, first thing out of the way, are you sure you're not installing
Ubuntu Server? :)

What do you mean by read/only?

Can you login as your user you created during the installation?

Can you please this execute command after you log in and send me the
first line: mount -l

Sample output as follows:hakan at minotaur:~$ mount -l
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro) []
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
varrun on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
varlock on /var/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,mode=1777)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
lrm on /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/volatile type tmpfs (rw,mode=755)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)