Code to change from read-only file system to read/write file system?

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 21 19:30:58 UTC 2009

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> Steven,
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM,  <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> In the last email to you, I wrote the only words that I can see on the
>> last screen where it stops with a read only prompt for username and
>> password.  That is the same whether recover or normal install.  It stops
>> with a read-only command prompt.
>>
> OK, first thing out of the way, are you sure you're not installing
> Ubuntu Server? :)

The OS is Kubuntu Jaunty Beta.
> What do you mean by read/only?

Everytime I try to make a change of any kind, I am refused with the
explanation that I am in a read only mode.  Even when I opened in Root#
>  :)
> Can you login as your user you created during the installation?

Yes, but I can not do much when logged in due to read only abilities.
> Can you please this execute command after you log in and send me the
> first line: mount -l

/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw, relatime,errors=remount-ro)  []

(trimmed)

Steven