Is Canonical against Kubuntu (2): the bug tracking disaster

Anton antonxx at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 21:09:08 UTC 2009

Hi Steven,

the point is not that I find people bad here,
I like kubuntu and I dream of a day where
I can use kubuntu only, and
even install it on pc's of other members of my family
which are non tech people.

The point was:
1. If I file a bug report I try to do best, but perhaps
  its a stupid one or is missing information (he he, the bug in the bug)

2. If something is missing I am ready to provide information
 if its not too complicated (I am *not* a Linux guru) and as
 long as the feedback doesnt come 5 months later.

3. If the feedback comes 5 months later
my thought is (probably other peoples too):
 - If I do the work  needed to provide the information
 - and then I send the information
 - and then I have to wait 5 months again

Then I conclude its best to simply wait for the next release because:
 - there will be one bug report less in launchpad
 - less people  will have to read it and spend time on it
 - I will spend less time myself on it

We all can use our time for "sensful" things.

And again, even if I am critical its because things
can only be improved if you are a little bit critical.

Anton