<OT> arrogant Apple (was: Re: Is Canonical against Kubuntu (2): the bug tracking disaster)

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Sun Apr 19 13:11:25 UTC 2009

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
> marc wrote:
>> Eberhard Roloff said...
>
>> I pay for Windows, or have paid, and have to deal with it regularly,
>> and the direct support is woeful. At least with mature FOSS, you have
>> somewhere to report things and await a response. This is far, far
>> better than the non-FOSS world in OS-land. (I don't know enough about
>> Apple's support mechanisms to comment, but I'd to know more.)
>>

> You won't get any better joy from Crapple than you will with
> Microshaft.  The former are even more arrogant than the latter, and
> that's saying something.  Stick with FOSS.

More arrogant than Microsoft I don't know, so far I only reported one
problem to Apple (an external hard drive that wouldn't turn on after an
update, though the same hard drive worked nicely on other machines and
on the same macbook booted with Kubuntu live - which worked a dream,
btw), and I got feedback from them, not too quickly but not arrogant
either. Well at least I wasn't asked to restart the machine and see if
the problem persisted...

Just 2c so that the list cannot be told to be FUDding like other sources...
I.