Default window size settings Thunderbird

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Sat Apr 18 04:16:07 UTC 2009

I would like to be able to set the default  window sizes for Thunderbird to be different between
the main mail client and the 'compose new mail' window (right click Title bar > Advanced >
Special Window Settings).
This used to be possible pre-Hardy but now if I set the main Thunderbird window, then open a
'compose new mail' window and reset the size (under 'Special Window Settings') to something
smaller, then the main Thunderbird window also takes on this size when restarted.
I want a smaller 'compose new mail' window so that I can still 'see' the rest of the main
Thunderbird window -- does this makes sense amongst my ramblings?

Blessings,

Nigel