Threading, was Re: Useful tools for everybody, was Re: Plasmoids and Power Consumption

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 17 16:15:17 UTC 2009

Hi Thorny,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 15:03, Thorny <thorntreehome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:07:01 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber posted:
>
>> Hi Ulrich,
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 18:40, Ulrich GrĂ¼n <ulrich.gruen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> 2009/4/16 Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at ubuntu.com>:

> These comments would be so much more valuable if they were threaded to the
> post they were meant to be answering.

You should not put the blame on me but on your mail client, as I
didn't break the thread and even less did I change the subject out of
purpose.

You seem to misunderstand what the thread was all about in the first
place: it started about Plasmoids and Power Consumption and ended up
with various monitoring tools like htop, qps and XKill, the latter two
at least have not much relevance in a post about power consumption.

So yes, I could have started a new thread with a new title, but I
could hardly continue this thread under the original title as the
subject has changed! That's what threading is all about.

BTW, this discussion is very much off topic on this list again, as it
is not very useful rambling about various subjects.

Can we now go on in discussion seriously about support to Kubuntu
users or are you going to ramble about threading everytime I write
something? Not very constructive IMHO...

If you can't follow the threads you should consider using a mail
client able to do so, kmail is a very good example of such a client.
And yes, Gmail does not handle threads as it should, but don't expect
miracles from a webclient...

Regards, Myriam.
--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009