kcron missing? <OT>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:15:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 12:42 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > Funny thing, I don't find kcron listed anymore in the menu bar anymore.
> > So, I un-installed it, and re-installed it. I figured that would kick it
> > into gear. But, I do not find a binary file in /usr/bin named kcron.
>
> Interesting - I hadn't noticed it was missing until you mentioned it.
>
> > Huh... so I did "locate kcron". Found a library file, a man page file.
> > thats about it. I use it to download files between 3AM and 6AM as I'm on
> > a satellite linked to Hughsnet and that's free-for-all unlimited usage
> > time.
>
> I wish _mine_ did that.  I'll have to complain to the reseller, since I'm
> FAPped again!  (I've been promised local WiMAX this year - I can't wait!)

Are you using Blue Sky?? The diff in billing between the two is that
Blue Sky will not choke you down to 28.8, as HughsNet does when you run
over your daily limit. But, you never get an overage charge either, plus
we have a full blown 3 hours to dnload as much as we please, between 3AM
and 6AM. So, kcron and I be mates. And, as you wrote previous, it does
get the date, day of the week and time of day correct every time. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987