kcron missing?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:40:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 12:40 -0400, Paul S wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen said the following on 04/14/2009 02:53 AM:
> > Ric Moore wrote:
> >> Funny thing, I don't find kcron listed anymore in the menu bar anymore.
>
> in kde4 it's:
>
> System Settings > Advanced > Task Scheduler
>
> Take a look at all the stuff under the advanced tab .. there's some new
> and useful stuff there.  I don't know if they all work, as there's still
> a placebo effect with kde4.  Some things appear to be configurable but
> don't work.  ymmv

I guess this is one reason I have always spouted off about a clean
install. My menu system appears hosed, being a combination of hardy and
intrepid menu items by upgrading.
I do not have system settings > Advanced > Task Scheduler.
In my menu I have:

Settings
Settings
System Settings
System

Under System Settings I have:
> Advanced > Advanced User Settings > KDE Resources

That's it, using the old style menu. That is not even there using the
Kicker style. <gibbers> Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987