Hp printer fails on Hardy: foomatic-rip fails status 3

Geoffrey Bays charioteer7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 03:34:45 UTC 2009

K-users:
My HP all-in -one has stopped printing on hardy after a minor upgrade.
Jobs appear to be sent to the printer without issue, but then they die.

I tried reinstalling hplip, but this did not fix it.

The Cups error log is:

E [10/Apr/2009:23:27:58 -0400] PID 7399
(/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip) stopped with status 3!
E [10/Apr/2009:23:27:58 -0400] [Job 325] Job stopped due to filter errors.

Anybody have any suggestions, other than upgrading to Jaunty, which I
will do in a few weeks?

Thanks,

Geoffrey Bays