Sound and updates on Kubutnu Hardy

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:36:02 UTC 2009

This system was fine until I updated it.  Now it seems to be a mass of
problems. :-(

Currently I am struggling with sound and playing radio, both of which were
fine before the upgrade.

The radio is asking for realplayer.  This does not seem to be in the
repositories I have got enabled.

Which repository is it in?  Or would I do better to get the tarball or deb (if
there is one)?

And any ideas for sound?  The sound card is recognised and the correct driver
is loaded.  I have carefully altered things in KMix - and then put them back
when they didn't work.

And how, oh how, on a previously stable distro did things go so disastrously
wrong when I upgraded?? :-(

Lisi