When Maximized, data goes beyong edge of screen.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 29 19:48:36 UTC 2008

Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 09/29/2008 Art Alexion wrote:
>
>>  On Monday 29 September 2008 12:56:26 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
>>  > > When I click on the box to maximize a window, it fills the screen
>>  and
>>  > > beyond.
>>
>>  Two things come to mind.
>>
>>  First, you can have a virtual setting in xorg.conf.  If that is the case,
>>  moving the mouse beyond the edge of the screen causes it to pan.  If
>>
> you like
>
>>  the "larger" view of a low resolution, but need to use dialogs and
>>
> such that
>
>>  are written for 1024x768 or greater, this virtual setting may be good
>>
> for you.
>

> This caught my attention. I have the same problem on my EeePC. The
> screen is SO small that even at higher resolutions settings box's and
> such sometimes run off the edge.
>
> What would you add/change?

It *isn't* like not having a big enough screen, it is having too long a
page *where the scrolling option is missing*.  If I could scroll to read
what is below the screen, I wouldn't consider it a problem.  When I say
screen, I mean the monitor's surface, when I say window I mean the page
that you open on the screen.  When that window exceeds the screen and
their is no scrolling capability, you cannot get to the hidden
information.

This isn't all the time.  While I am writing you, I have the ability to
scroll down; what I am talking about is  for instance  using my torrent
program.   That as well as other packages is affected by this problem.

Many of the buttons that allow you  to view alternate information
involving the ktorrent  package are at the bottom of the page.  I am
talking about things like status, peers,  etc.   The window that
provides all that information is longer than my computer screen, and in
that package (Ktorrent), there is no way to scroll to get to what is at
the bottom.  When I am able to move a page around on the screen, I can
only move the page until the cursor gets to the top of the screen, then
I am stopped.  Because the information continues below the bottom of the
screen and because the scrolling option is not present, I can not scroll
down to get to that information.  I am probably getting redundant, but I
am trying to reword each time until I can make myself understood.  If
only I were brighter.

I have tried to get on the Ktorrent Forum to see if it is exclusively a
ktorrent problem, but somehow my login is not accepted and they do not
provide a method of correcting the problem.  Asking them a question that
they themselves have not posed is not one of the choices on their
webside.  When I click on what should get me to someone who can help me,
I am required to log in.  And that is my problem there.

By the way, in case I haven't included in this problem, my OS is Kubuntu
8.04 KDE 3.5.9.

I realize all who are currently trying to help me are trying to
understand what I am trying to say and having difficulty, for that I
apologize.

Steven