Thunderbird default email reply. Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 3.5.9

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:19:34 UTC 2008

Steven Vollom wrote:
> Pastor JW wrote:
>> On Saturday 27 September 2008 12:03:55 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
>>
>>> I have decided to join those who do not use HTML.
>>>
>> Welcome!  There is MUCH less pollution of the bandwidth that way!  Note the
>> actual size of this message, in HTML it would have been at least three times
>> as large with exactly the same content!
>>

>>> That seems the best
>>> solution, because my intent was to use *Bold* and /Italic /to make
>>> other, I could answer a comment right next to their statement so they
>>> wouldn't have to search for it.
>>>
>> This can be done and in fact is done all the time to make responses easy to
>> follow and to answer multiple questions in a single e-mail.
>>

>>> Also, if there were several notes to be
>>> remembered in an email, they could be addressed as they were read.  It
>>> just seemed like it would be easier.
>>>
>> It IS easier, for both the reader and the writer when the answers directly
>> follow the question.  Few of us can answer questions before they are asked,
>> so why try to write that way?
>>

>>> But I would rather not create waves if there are some that don't like it.
>>>

>> It is done not to be different but to make it easier to follow multiple
>> conversations.
>>

>>>  I understand some pay per
>>> email just to respond.  I don't want that to happen to those kind folks
>>> that don't realize I have solved my problem.
>>>
>> The best way to do that is to trim out those parts which you are not
>> answering!  That way it keeps each message focused and to the point!  I went
>> over the top on this e-mail  just for example, but did you find it hard to
>> determine what you wrote and what I wrote?  Did you find it difficult to
>> follow the meaning of the message?  This was written using a standard KMail
>> but should be able to be read by any e-mail client out there.
>>

> Dear Pastor JW,
>
> Christian?  I am.  I use thunderbird.  I had trouble with kmail when I
> first tried to use it.  I notice there are some color bars to the left
> of the comments, is that done automatically?  It appears a great way to
> solve my desired result.  Mostly, I want to show respect and
> consideration when posting.  I am trying to learn some of the
> abbreviations too to shorten my comments.  I lack confidence in my
> wording and get a little wordy.  I will try to learn shorter ways to say
> what I want.  I prefer not to anger anyone with my inexperience.
>
> I am going to close as I would with my children and friends; if you are
> not a Christian, I mean no disrespect.
>
> In CHRIST,
> Steven

this is called quoting. when in thunderbird you right click a message
and click reply, reply to all, or reply to sender only, you would notice
that in the newly opened compose window, there is the message you are
going to reply to, but all lines are now preceded by > symbol. this
means that the line is a quote. you can create spaces between the lines
of the quoted message, and insert your comments there. this also works
in almost all types of email clients, and even web based email.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems