Thunderbird default email reply. Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 3.5.9

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 27 20:10:06 UTC 2008

Pastor JW wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2008 12:03:55 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I have decided to join those who do not use HTML.
>>

> Welcome!  There is MUCH less pollution of the bandwidth that way!  Note the
> actual size of this message, in HTML it would have been at least three times
> as large with exactly the same content!
>

>> That seems the best
>> solution, because my intent was to use *Bold* and /Italic /to make
>> other, I could answer a comment right next to their statement so they
>> wouldn't have to search for it.
>>

> This can be done and in fact is done all the time to make responses easy to
> follow and to answer multiple questions in a single e-mail.
>

>> Also, if there were several notes to be
>> remembered in an email, they could be addressed as they were read.  It
>> just seemed like it would be easier.
>>

> It IS easier, for both the reader and the writer when the answers directly
> follow the question.  Few of us can answer questions before they are asked,
> so why try to write that way?
>

>> But I would rather not create waves if there are some that don't like it.
>>

> It is done not to be different but to make it easier to follow multiple
> conversations.
>

>>  I understand some pay per
>> email just to respond.  I don't want that to happen to those kind folks
>> that don't realize I have solved my problem.
>>

> The best way to do that is to trim out those parts which you are not
> answering!  That way it keeps each message focused and to the point!  I went
> over the top on this e-mail  just for example, but did you find it hard to
> determine what you wrote and what I wrote?  Did you find it difficult to
> follow the meaning of the message?  This was written using a standard KMail
> but should be able to be read by any e-mail client out there.

Dear Pastor JW,

Christian?  I am.  I use thunderbird.  I had trouble with kmail when I
first tried to use it.  I notice there are some color bars to the left
of the comments, is that done automatically?  It appears a great way to
solve my desired result.  Mostly, I want to show respect and
consideration when posting.  I am trying to learn some of the
abbreviations too to shorten my comments.  I lack confidence in my
wording and get a little wordy.  I will try to learn shorter ways to say
what I want.  I prefer not to anger anyone with my inexperience.

I am going to close as I would with my children and friends; if you are
not a Christian, I mean no disrespect.

In CHRIST,
Steven