Laptop email sending problem

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 26 17:26:26 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:
> I second this advice.
>
> --
>
> Art Alexion
> Sent unsigned from an iPod. That's the reason for the top posting as
> well.
>
> On Sep 26, 2008, at 2:30 AM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Steven,
>>
>> in the smtp/outgoing settings, have you tried to uncheck or check the
>> authenticate box inside Thunderbird?
>>
>> What about these settings? Does the server require authentication?
>>
>> I was using a Yahoo account several moths ago, and I cannot manage
>> the smtp
>> server too. For this reason, I migrated to Gmail...
>> I'm thinking it is a business policy of Yahoo... you buy a premium
>> account,
>> you get  a working smtp server; if not, your mail won't work.
>>
>> Also try to setup mail with Kmail and see what happens. Kmail has a
>> command
>> that checks settings for smtp server. I Kmail works, TB (setting) is
>> the
>> problem.
>>
>> Ciao
>> --
>> Valter
>> Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org
>> Kubuntu Linux: www.ubuntu.com
>> Usa OpenOffice.org: www.openoffice.org
>> "Coltiva Linux, tanto Windows si pianta da solo"
>>
>> --
>>

> Dear Art,
His advice was the advice that I took that fixed the problem.  I was
embarrassed because I knew that solution and somehow overlooked it over
and over, perhaps 50 times.  You are a fine person.  You pursued my
problem to its conclusion and more.  I hope others are as kind to you
when you have a need as you have been to me.  I probably won't hear from
you again, until I suppose the next problem, but I want to wish the best
to you and those you care for and hope I come into contact again.  It
would really be nice if you had a problem that I could help you fix.

Cordially,
Steven