Laptop email sending problem

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Fri Sep 26 15:02:26 UTC 2008

On 09/26/2008 tom bell wrote:
>  If you plug into another internet connection (i.e., your friend's or
>  work) that is not your ISP then you cannot send email by SMTP.  You
>  can
>  use a browser to login to your ISP's homepage and go to their email
>  login and compose email online and send it that way.

With an att.yahoo account you want "SSL" for sending but no security
setting for receiving.

Just so you know, with att.yahoo you can send mail from any connection
unless the ISP blocks it. We have an att.yahoo account that we keep as a
backup. Our main provider, wireless, requires ALL outgoing mail to go
through their server. I receive it through the att.yahoo account. When
traveling and using wifi connections at hotels and such I send through
the att.yahoo account without difficulty.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.