Troubles with Amaya

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 16:39:57 UTC 2008

In looking around for an html editor I decided to try Amaya and pulled it down
with synaptic.  But when executing applications->development->amaya I merely
got a screen flash and then nothing.  When doing a command line:

gie at charon:~$ amaya
12:19:26 PM: Deleted stale lock file '/home/gie/.amaya_bin-gie'.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
FATAL ERROR : Your OpenGL implementation does not support needed features!
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
*** Amaya: Irrecoverable error ***Segmentation fault

Searching synaptic for GLX yields tons of result and loads of confusion.

Suggestions, please!

Thank-you.

Or, lastly, is there a better html editor and should I scrap this path?