Graphics cards

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Thu Sep 25 15:23:56 UTC 2008

Steven Vollom wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Can anyone remind me please how to check which graphics card my computer
>> is using? Thanks. (Kubuntu Gutsy).
>>
>> A second question - the manufacturer I hear most mentioned is nvidia. Is
>> this the best one for us Linux users?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Neil Winchurst
>>

> Dear Neil,
> I have seen your name posted so many times, I hope you will help me with
> the answer to a question that got nothing but abusive answers when asked
> before.
>
> I have been monitoring email from this source for a couple of years
> now.  I have occasionally been able to help someone, however I am a
> beginner and don't know how to use Kubuntu very well.
>
> I have used the return address shown at the top of the email when I open
> to read its contints and looked for an instruction for how to post a
> question.  An example of a question is how do I get a link on an email
> to open my browser automatically without having to copy and paste the
> link from the email to the browser?
>
> I have a few questions that I have never seen a post on that I would
> like to know, however, as stated, I don't know how to make a post.
>
> Please be kind enough to tell me how you enter your questions so that I
> too may receive some help?  Thanks for any trouble you may go to,
>
> Steven Vollom

Well, you must be a list member if you have been receiving emails, but I
suppose you mean that you have always replied to emails and not ever set
up a new question of your own.

So, write a new email

To: kubutu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

and put something relevant in the Subject slot.

The email should then be sent to all list members, including you, and
any replies should show up on your email client.

I hope that I have understood your request for help

Neil