Configuring GTK applications' appearance in Kubuntu

Robert Costa zabbarob at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:21:52 UTC 2008

2008/9/11 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
> How can the user can configure the appearance of the GTK applications
> in Kubuntu? I do not have Gnome installed, though I suspect that in
> Gnome there would be a System Settings application to configure GTK
> appearance. Is there a text file that I can edit, or a GTK-appearance
> application that I can install?

Maybe the package gtk-qt-engine-kde4 is what you're searching for?
There's something similar for KDE3, too. I just can't find the package
right now :-) BTW Firefox looks a bit "crappy" with gtk-qt-engine-kde4
installed. Dunno if it's a bug or maybe something's set incorrectly
here. It's like just the upper half of buttons or checkboxes are drawn
or they get only drawn when I move the mouse over it.

Cya,
Robert.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü

Was man zu verstehen gelernt hat, das fürchtet man nicht mehr.