b43-phy0 ERROR: Firmware file "b43/ucode5.fw" not found

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Sep 11 14:12:45 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> wrote:

>> Sorry, but if you want to use the system in decidedly non-standard ways,
>> and don't understand how to keep your login console separate from the
>> system console, I can't say I have a whole lot of sympathy.
>
> A lack of sympathy often reflexes a genetic variation that you
> inherited. People with this variation often have trouble keeping
> sexual partners and tend to fail at marriages.
> Joke right? :-)

Well, I never had trouble _keeping_ partners, it was getting them...  But
I've been married for almost 22 years, thanks :-)

> Really though, have you never gotten in over your head while learning
> a new system?

Absolutely, but this isn't someone learning a new system - it certainly
smacks of someone coercing Ubuntu into a very _old_ form.  Starting X from
your console using startx went out of fashion about a decade ago.  Ubuntu
isn't intended to have X started out of somebody's console, so I just don't
like to see people complaining about getting console messages on a terminal
that Ubuntu wouldn't have used.  If he'd been using Ubuntu as it was
intended, he wouldn't have had an issue (and probably would never even have
noticed)
--
derek