Anyone tried Dell Mini

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Sep 6 16:14:11 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 Sep 2008, Glenn R Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is a little off topic, but I was just wondering if anyone seen the new
> Dell Mini 9? I got an email from them and the ad says:
>
> OPERATING SYSTEM(Ubuntu)
> Mini OS powered by Ubuntu 8.04
>
> Glenn

No, I've not seen that one, but I have seen the little Elonex laptop stocked
by Carphone Warehouse in the UK. Nice little machine I think, apparently it
has 1G RAM and 80G hard drive, runs Ubuntu, and sells for GBP220. And I'm
told that it is selling well.

Watch out, $soft!

PS Why do all of these machines run Ubuntu rather than Kubuntu? Is it the LTS
issue?

Dave

--

Registered Linux user number 393408