kfontview redux

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Sep 4 17:53:21 UTC 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 09:18:29 am Glenn R Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can one of you with Hardy, kubuntu and kde 4.1.1 try starting this command
> from Konsole:
>
> kfontview /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/andalemo.ttf
>
> and let me know if kfontview comes up in a window and displays the
> characters in the font?

Using your command line, mine brings up:

"Font Viewer
Version 1.1
Using KDE 4.1.1 (KDE 4.1.1)"

and shows a bunch of sizes of
Andale Mono, Regular.

> I get the popu window, but no characters - just plain white.

Does your window have the dropdown menus on it?  "File", "Setting",
and "Help"?  If so, what does "About" say about the window?

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org