Dummkopf's guide to vim

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 20:47:07 UTC 2008

> I may look at that, but there is a GSoC project with KDE SVN access
> that is making a VIM mode for Kate. The only problem is that he
> recoded the VIM parts himself, instead of embedding actually VIM.
> Therefore I doubt the project's maintainability.
> --
> Dotan Cohen

I really started this tread because a lot of the ubuntu help out there
says, "use VIM", to edit such and such. As a newbie I would type vim
filename and then not have a clue how to get back out or save what I
did. The first message of this tread should save people from that. It
is also a good editor when X is out the window or you want to do
something fast.

--
Douglas E Knapp