Installing Intrepid Alpha 4 under Virtualbox Kernel Panic

P Kapat kap4lin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:26:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Steve Lamb <grey at dmiyu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 05:16:02PM +0200, Jonas Norlander wrote:
>> I wanted to try Kubuntu Intrepid Alpha 4 so i downloaded it and
>> started the installer under Virtualbox but i always get a kernel panic
>> as fast i press "Install Kubuntu". Any other tried to install it in
>> Virtualbox?

Same here... I think, we should wait till beta 1/2 comes out...

>    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/intrepid/alpha4 2nd note under Caveats.

I saw this yesterday, and tried the "noreplace-paravirt" kernel option
before booting. Though this makes the kernel in Alpha 4 boot without
panic, but as noted in one comment
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/246067/comments/106
the virtual machine really really really slow...

--
Regards
PK