Intrepid Video

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:58:12 UTC 2008

2008/10/27 Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name>:
> I just upgraded my laptop to Intrepid and everything looks pretty much as
> expected. No real problems yet. Some of the applications are very immature
> but again, that is expected. There is one thing driving me crazy though...
>
> When I flip between desktops, open menus or start a dialog, the screen, for
> lack of a better word, goes hay-wire. It is like it looses sync and then
> gets its act together and updates to something readable. Is this just
> something else to be expected or is there a cure?

what's ur graphics card? if it's nvidia, this nvidia's
problem.nvidia's restricted driver is currently not working well with
KDE4, the KDE team have already notified nvidia of this, and nvidia
released a better working driver (177) but is still buggy. if you're
using some other graphic cards, then you might be experiencing some
buggy KDE code, but when desktop effects are diabled for me, i don't
get any glitch.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems