Firefox 3.0.3 not working

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:51:09 UTC 2008

On Monday 27 October 2008 04:34:06 am Edmund Laugasson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Has anybody problem, that if you run Firefox 3.0.3, it does not start?
>
> I tried from GUI and command line - no feedback - it just won't start :(
> Sometimes it will start some minutes later. Often I just kill the process,
> because I'm not so patient to wait some minutes.
>
> I found this thread -
> http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=840240 - but it
> didn't help me.
>
> I also read from Google, that one TTF-font beginning with letter "t" caused
> problem - I removed all my TTF-fonts with beginning "t" - no result. I run
> also fc-cache -rv and made several restarts to PC - no effect :(
>
> So, I'm stuck and considering reinstall whole system and hoping, that next
> time it will not happen.
>

> Thanks,
> Edmund

Since you've tried everything else, try removing all firefox packages, with
purge selected (from synaptic it would be "completely remove including config
files").

Then try reinstalling them.  It may be that some lib or some font didn't get
installed, or maybe a lang support package.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.