Dual boot Gutsy and Hardy

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Thu Oct 16 15:57:18 UTC 2008

I am running Kubuntu Gutsy at the moment. I now have the alternate
install CD for Hardy. I have plenty of room on my hard disk (I am using
under 10% at the moment) so I would like to add Hardy as a second
distro, with the choice at log-in whether to run Gutsy or Hardy.

I did this in the past with Mandriva and Kubuntu, using Mandriva
partitioner and it worked well. I am not so sure now that I have Kubuntu
installed.

I have Googled for dual booting but everyone seems to assume that you
want to have Linux and Windows. Not so.

Can anyone start me off please? Will this be a simple task using the
alternate CD?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst