Is it me or does Hardy run like a pig?

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 19:04:37 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 10/15/08, Willy K. Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Willy K. Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Is it me or does Hardy run like a pig?
> To: deloptes at yahoo.com, "Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 6:18 PM
> Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> >
> > --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Mike Shaw
> <mdshaw89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Mike Shaw <mdshaw89 at gmail.com>
> >> Subject: Is it me or does Hardy run like a pig?
> >> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> >> Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 4:57 PM
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >>
> >> Just wanted to see what other people's
> experience with
> >> Hardy after
> >> upgrading from Gutsy?  I had been running Gutsy on
> my T41
> >> for quite a
> >> while and although the performance was not as good
> as when
> >> I was
> >> running Gentoo it was okay.  But I noticed a huge
> >> difference after
> >> upgrading to Hardy - and it wasn't a positive.
>  Firefox
> >> especially
> >> seems to have gone down hill.
> >>

> > May be you did not notice the firefox version. hardy
> comes with v3 which is really a disaster. I removed it and
> installed the v2.
> >
> > There were als ofew bugs in firefox 3 that made at
> least 4 hairs on my head grey.
> >
> > I would recommend - backup what you need to backup and
> do a clean install.
> >
> > regards
> >

> i can't seem to understand what's wrong with
> firefox 3? i mean firefox 3
> beta 4 and previous versions of firefox 3 were buggy
> alright, but beta 5
> and the later releases work flawlessly and much lighter
> than firefox 2!
> firefox 2 used to take up to 300 megs of my memory with
> only 4 tabs, and
> without using any excessive flash, only one or 2 simple
> flash banners.
> whereas now, firefox 3 is taking 120 megs with 12 tabs
> divided in 2
> windows! 12 tabs back in gutsy were impossible for me!
> as for the rest of hardy, i think it's the best release
> of kubuntu ever.
> light, compatible with loads of new hardware, almost bug
> free, i never
> had any major issue with hardy, unlike feisty or gutsy, and
> unlike intrepid.

Ok, here it is what's wrong. We use in our company a kind of older version of WebLogic server.

There I have to create a user for some service and I have to setup a password for this user. Of course there are two fields (password, confirm password) When I write the password in both of them and press apply it does not send the password from the second field (I guess), so I end up with a message "Password differ!" You tell me if it's normal?!

I tried the same with firefox 2 - everything is working fine :-P

As I stated somewhere else I don't want to be a beta tester for anything especially if I was not informed about it in advance.

regards