Microphone does not work

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Tue Oct 14 14:59:44 UTC 2008

Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> Does anyone have any good idea how to make the mic working on a DELL
> inspiron 1525 laptop? I've searched some forums but couldn't find
> solution.  It does not work even with external mic.  Thanks.

Open KMix and experiment with 'Digital Input Source' ('Switches' Tab).
I have mine as 'Analog Inputs', with the 3 'Input Source's as 'Mic'. I also have 'Analog
Loopback' turned off (pale yellow light).

I suggest that you subscribe to the [Dell] Linux-Desktops mailing list:

There is very good support there from other users as well as one Mario Limonciello, who works for
Dell Engineering.

Blessings,

Nigel