Kontact Calendar - IMAP etc

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:04:21 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 9:23:20 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> Evolution is ugly, it routinely gives me wrong counts on messages
> (especially unread ones) in a folder, and it doesn't have anything remotely
> like logical navigation, but it does do a better job of synchronizing
> messages and calendars from the Exchange server than either the XP box
> (which is a 7 year old P4, with only 256 or 512MB RAM) or a web browser.  I
> sure wish I could do this with Kontact.

I can't agree with you more.  Except, I use Evolution instead of XP on an old
box or a VM to connect.  You get used to the navigation, and yes, its ugly,
but I'd rather have ugly, than doesn't work.

Kmail is crashing almost every 15 minutes today.  In fact, it crashed in the
middle of writing this post.

This didn't seem to happen with 1.9.9, only 1.9.10.