[OT - Crescent Wrench] - Re: 8.10b - first impression and questions

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:37:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:36:34 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:

> On Friday 10 October 2008 1:38:00 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
>> I go through a lot of power-driver bits. Drive the screw, pull back the
>> power driver, and the bit stays on the screw just long enough to
>> disconnect from the driver - then falls on the ground and disappears.
>
> Metric or Imperial?

Chuckle!

Made me think of a recent experience. About two months ago I purchased a
clamp in a plastic 'carded' package (the kind that hang on a hook in the
store. The size was listed as 2 1/2 inches and even though the country
where I live uses the metric system, there were no other measurements
listed. Interesting thing is, that when I tried to install it, I had to
crawl back out from under my truck to get the metric wrenches because the
nuts were metric 10 and the imperial wrenches I had under there with me
didn't fit well enough. So nothing but imperial listed on the item but
metric size. I didn't check to see if it was really 2.5 inches long or if
it was 6.35 cm. ;-)