kdesu? 8.10

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:19:21 BST 2008

2008/10/10 Martin Laberge <mlsoft at videotron.ca>:
> for sure you read the man page, and ajust to your liking, when come security.

I haven't, and I usually RTFM before doing anything. Really, if I am
typical of users on this list, then I know just enough to be
dangerous. I did know about xhost +, but I did not know that it is
dangerous. And I've been using linux for about five years, and we
erased every other OS in the house over three years ago!

> if you have a home router or a firewall, the 6000 port is usually not opened, or easy to close.

That's a big if.

> if you are on the internet without a firewall or a router, HUM!
> (as Picard said to Wriker, after an encounter with Q:
>  Number One, we have a bigger problem than I thought!)

....just when I need a start trek counter-quote, I'm drawing blank....

Dotan Cohen