Beta 8.10 released

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Oct 9 23:21:16 UTC 2008

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

> excuse me that I'm posting again without being asked,

_please_ don't apologize - everybody's entitled to post.  Everybody's
equally entitled to ignore what any particular person says, but feel free
to speak up!

> but it's not matter  of willing to change or not.
>
> It's matter of stability. I and I assume many people as I don't want to
> change to something that causes headake.
>
> This is the point, so until it's not stable I think kde3 should stay
> available somewhere and get updated, because there are still bugs.

That would be nice - but the fact is, KDE3 bugs have often not been fixed
for the last couple of years, so that option just isn't going to happen.

> You're very pathetic about changes, may be you have time to play or
> masohistic pleasure to file bugs.

Sorry, that doesn't make much sense in English.  "Apathetic" about changes,
perhaps?  Which means somebody (I have no idea who you mean by "you")
doesn't care one way or another about the changes.

But whatever you mean by "maso[c]histic pleasure to file bugs" I think you
have to be wrong.  It _isn't_ a pleasure to make bug reports, but it is the
responsibility of EVERY user who can, to file bug reports where possible.
This isn't Microsoft, where users are completely discouraged from filing
bugs - there can be no progress in development without accurate bug reports
from end users, and we should all be proud of our ability to contribute to
the ongoing development of KDE, Ubuntu, and Linux in general, by doing so.

> I don't! I wan't to keep the thing I am using to do my job the way it is.

Then you can - there just isn't any reason for you to upgrade.  You have
your perfect system - great!

> Understand the point?

Apparently not.
--