Beta 8.10 released

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Oct 9 21:54:42 UTC 2008

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> excuse me that I'm posting again without being asked, but it's not matter of willing to change or not.
>
> It's matter of stability. I and I assume many people as I don't want to change to something that causes headake.
>
> This is the point, so until it's not stable I think kde3 should stay available somewhere and get updated, because there are still bugs.
>
> You're very pathetic about changes, may be you have time to play or masohistic pleasure to file bugs.
>
> I don't! I wan't to keep the thing I am using to do my job the way it is. If its about playing I don't mind and really I have installed and still have kde4 somewhere on my drives. It's simply not stable so that I can use it for serious work.
>
> Understand the point?

I'll admit right up front that I am not a power user. I'm an average
home user. So far, for me at least, KDE4 has been about as stable as
KDE3. No major hiccups. No minor ones for that matter either. The only
bugs I've found so are actually features I don't like. I see no point in
posting them in a bug report.

IF, I was a power user and wanted to keep using using what was most
stable for me I would just do so. I'm quite sure, well pretty sure
anyway, there will be no quantum leaps in software for at least the next
six months to a year. By then most things should be sorted out and you
can give it a go again. I don't plan on scrapping my 8.04/KDE3.5.10
anytime soon.

I still have, and use, a DOS computer. It still does what I need done
with a minimum of fuss and bother. There have been a LOT of changes
since DOS 6.2.2/Win 3.1 but there's no need to use anything higher. In
fact some of the software won't even run if you get much past there. I
don't believe there have been any updates to DOS 6.2.2/Win 3.1 for some
years. Just because it's OLD doesn't make it useless.

If some programmer types wanted to take over 3.5.x and keep it going I'm
fairly sure they could. It is open source after all.