Beta 8.10 released

Thu Oct 9 14:51:41 UTC 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Irrelevant.  Even Microsoft can get something right eventually, and I don't
> get XP crashes.  Ever.

I get them, and you don't. How is this discussion helpful?

> > Honestly, your good experience does not cancel out my bad one.
>
> Obviously not, but by all accounts, XP is as stable for most users as a
> Linux system.

All accounts? No, I don't think so. Without data backing you, it's impossible
to even suggest that.
You don't hear people bragging about XP's stability under load, do you? No.

> > Kmail crashed once a month ago.
>
> Kmail/kontact can be crashed fairly easily by using IMAP folders and trying
> to move messages around while something else is moving the messages around

We already established that I do not use IMAP. Read the thread.
I am reporting my experience, which is different than me saying "Kmail doesn't
crash".

> konqueror is the easiest to crash.  Do anything that will trigger a change
> to the current window, navigate to somewhere else before that change
> occurs.  Crash.  I find it easiest to use "Find" to find a large set of
> files, and try to open one of those before the find is finished.  It's a
> known bug, and I understand it still exists in Dolphin.

Yes, Konqueror crashes. Anything with plugins malfunctioning will take
Konqueror down. I do not browse the web with Konq for that reason.