default locales should be C

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 21:29:35 UTC 2008

Well when we are talking about problems with kubuntu I think now is the time to share one.

I've asked before for advice or action but no one answered. The problem is that in some programs (only in kubuntu not in debian or suse) I have locales defaulted to arabic. Who's responsible for this? Why?
Default locales should be set to "C", as it's mostly the case. I've checked the files and it seems that it picks up the first entry from the translation file, which is "ar". Very intelligent solution.
I'm using bg_BG.UTF-8 so if a program is not translated I see arabic - do you think it's normal?

Solve this immediately please!

and thanks in advance

PS.: I posted a screenshot but it did not got through obviously, so no visual evidence now

regards