Beta 8.10 released

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:20:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> again, the fact, that we don't complain or write, does not mean that we do not exist, or if we exist that we are happy with what you are doing.
>>
> Art Alexion wrote
> I have been holding back because most of what needs to be said, is being
>   said already.
>
> The thing that troubles me the most is the statement by someone, and the
> acceptance by others, that Linux users are all beta testers and we
> should accept that.
>
> For some, Linux in general, and Kubuntu in particular may be a hobby,
> but for me and many others, it is THE tool we use to get our work done.
>  I prefer Linux over Windows because, among other things, it has been
> more stable and secure for me.  My production boxes are not tests or
> experiments, but tools that I rely upon in my job and in serious
> personal responsibilities.

One thing to think about on this list is that most people talking on
it are the people that are the devs, programmers and hobbyists. The
people doing work with *ubuntu are off working and the average user is
only here when they need help (for a newbie that is into banking or
art and not computers, this is a really boring read!). I think it is
obvious that *ubuntu is meant to be stable first and cutting edge
second. Alpha, beta and rc are meant to be used by the helpers to find
bugs. The bugs should be gone by final. As we all know, no one is
perfect and some last minute bugs end up getting fixed in final.

--
Douglas E Knapp