Beta 8.10 released

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:16:18 UTC 2008

--------------060506040307000205040103

Derek Broughton wrote:
> p.daniels wrote:
>=20
>> I'm surprised at these replies. The biggest winner for me on KDE4 has =
been
>> Kontact, I find it much less crashy than on KDE3.=20
>=20
> Glad to hear it - I have every intention of using KDE4 on Intrepid.  My=

> complaint has been that _no_ fixes to kde-pim have been applied in KDE3=
 for
> years, but that almost none of the ones I've been waiting for has been
> fixed in KDE4.  That doesn't mean that I don't expect quite a few
> improvements - I'd be so surprised if it's not greatly improved that I'=
> drop KDE completely.
>=20
>> IMAP is still dog slow,=20
>> but that's not new and I attribute at least half of it to Gmail's horr=
ible
>> IMAP implementation.
>=20
> I'd attribute any problems _all_ to gmail.  I use IMAP to access a loca=
> server, and to access gmail, and for the local server it's perfectly
> reasonable (though it's inherent in the IMAP spec that it's not going t=
o be
> blindingly fast on anything but the fattest pipe)

i use thunderbird to access my gmail using IMAP, and it's not slow at
all! i used kontact when i first started using linux to access gmail
using POP3, but didn't like the result too much. that was gmail's fault
actually. but as for IMAP, i never used it kontact, but at the same
time, never had any problem with it on hunderbird, so i can't see how it
could be gmail's fault. :S

--=20
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

--------------060506040307000205040103

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOldpbGx5IEhhbXJhDQpuOkhhbXJhO1dpbGx5DQplbWFpbDtpbnRl
cm5ldDp3LmhhbXJhMTk4N0BnbWFpbC5jb20NCngtbW96aWxsYS1odG1sOkZBTFNFDQp2ZXJz
aW9uOjIuMQ0KZW5kOnZjYXJkDQoNCg==
--------------060506040307000205040103--