Beta 8.10 released

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Sun Oct 5 23:26:32 UTC 2008

p.daniels wrote:
> I agree that Ubuntu (Gnome) is "the n00b Linux," but Kubuntu (KDE) isn't
> and never has been. I don't recommend it to first-timers, do you?

    I do because it is a part of the Ubuntu family (what is said on the cited
page applies to all flavors of Ubuntu) and because unlike GNome KDE is closer
the Windows habits newbies from that camp have ingrained.  It is less of a
culture shock, not more.

--
         Steve C. Lamb         | But who can decide what they dream
       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |      and dream I do