Beta 8.10 released

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 5 21:33:13 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> I'm not nearly so much upset with KDE4 as with the general progress of
> KDE-PIM in the last 3 years (that is, absolutely zero because everything
> has been marked for correction in KDE4).

Agreed, I really like Kontact when its working - great UI but its
stability is atrocious particularly in cached IMAP mode. I go through
phases of trying it every new release for a few weeks bu invariably it
starts dying on me - the latest one (in KDE 4.1.1) ended up crashing
everytime I tried to create a new message.

So back to thunderbird which never crashes and works really well with
IMAP. Which is a shame because Kontact integrates far better with KDE